Updated January 1, 2015
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect the following information about you when you use our Site or Service:
- Your name
- Your address
- Account username and password information
- Additional details that you may supply about your home
- Other information that you provide directly to us through the Site or Service
IF YOU PROVIDE US YOUR UTILITY ACCOUNT NUMBER, WE MAY OBTAIN PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION ABOUT YOU FROM YOUR UTILITY INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Contact information (including name, address, email, and phone number)
- Demographic data (such as home ownership status or household income)
- Energy usage information if available from your utility
- Details about your home (including dwelling type, size, age and other energy-related equipment in the home such as solar panels or swimming pools)
WEBSITE USAGE AND MEASUREMENT
We may collect additional information as a result of your use of the Site and Service by using certain standard web measurement and tracking technologies such as cookies, web server logs, or other statistics programs to track and record how you use the Site and Service. Usage information helps us measure the success of the Site and the Service and its features or pages and to improve your online experience. Your browser may have an option that allows you to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notification when a cookie is sent, but you should note that the use of such restrictive browser settings may limit your use of the Site. We may also use other technology, called clear GIFs, to provide us with other important anonymous information, such as when an e-mail has been opened. We do not use spyware, adware or any other similarly intrusive software.
USE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To operate and improve our Site and Service;
- To respond to your inquiries and requests in connection with a transaction you initiate;
- To make personalized recommendations about ways you can conserve energy;
- To communicate with you about the Site or Service and to respond to any questions or concerns that you may have;
- For market research, project planning, troubleshooting problems, detecting and protecting against errors, fraud, or other criminal activity;
- To link or combine with other personal information we receive from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- To help us diagnose problems with our Site, server or other technical issues relating to the performance; or
- Otherwise with your express consent.
We do not sell your personal information to third parties and have no intention of doing so in the future.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
You may receive communications about special offers, activities or programs from Uplight related to your energy usage profile. In the event that you choose not to receive any future communications about special offers, activities or programs, you may opt-out by clicking on the link provided at the bottom of each email communication. If you have any further problems, please feel free to contact us via the information listed below.
LOCATION BASED PRIVACY CONCERNS
The Site is operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any contact information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. By using the Site, Service, and/or providing us with your contact information, you consent to this transfer. If you have concerns about this transfer or want to remove your contact information, please contact us at the email below.
Our Site and Service are not directed at children under the age of thirteen and we do not knowingly collect any information from children under thirteen.
LEGAL DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may sell or buy other businesses or entities. In such event, we may transfer or assign the information we have collected as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In such transactions, your personal information may be included in the transferred business assets. Also, in the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receivership, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used and your personal information may be included in the transferred assets.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Uplight takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect your personal identifiable information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We are not responsible in the event that any user password is obtained by a third party or for any unlawful activities in connection with this Site. In the event a user believes any password has been obtained without permission by third parties, or if the visitor has other privacy concerns, the user should contact us immediately so the password can be changed or other appropriate steps taken. UPLIGHT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ENSURING, GUARANTEEING OR OTHERWISE OFFERING ANY DEFINITIVE PROMISE OF SECURITY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
We make reasonable efforts to allow you to make inquiries about the personal information we collect from you, and when appropriate we allow you access to your personal information for review and updating.